The Learning Commons is closed for student/parent use/check-out during Distance Learning due to Covid-19 safety and health guidelines.
The belief of the Learning Commons is to inspire a joy of reading and lifelong learning by nurturing curiosity, collaboration, and creativity.
We accomplish this by:
- providing relevant, dynamic, and intercultural resources that support curriculum and student interests
- offering engaging programs to motivate readers
- promoting literature
- collaborating with teachers
- providing a welcoming, collaborative, and transcultural space where our community can gather to explore and create knowledge
The Learning Commons takes us beyond the traditional library space to a hub of learning activity. Students gather in the Learning Commons to work collaboratively, play educational games, and nurture their creativity. AIS-R recognizes that children learn in a variety of ways, and therefore the Learning Commons offers a place where each student will find joy in developing their unique skills and talents.
- Online databases include CultureGrams, the Encyclopedia Britannica, Student Resources in Context, Global Issues in Context, JSTOR, and Ebscohost Databases like Literary Reference Center, Points of View Reference Center, and Explora Secondary
- A collection of over 17,000 print materials
- Over 1000 ebooks and audiobooks
- Access to over 15 magazines
- Reading promotions like the Battle of the Books, Women’s History Month, Banned Books Week, and the Global Read Aloud
- Arts and Crafts
- Reading clubs, Gaming clubs, and Wellness activities
- Skype chats/Google hangouts with Authors
- The library catalogue
- Library Libguides (our virtual environment)
- Destiny Discover (our ebooks and audiobooks) (log in with your Skyward/Moodle username and password)
On Campus Hours of Operation
Sunday - Thursday, 8:10 - 4:30 (Except Tuesdays, closing at 3:30) Learning Commons are closed on weekends and holidays.